« All Events
A coalition of interfaith partners will convene on the anniversary of the 2019 Consultation “Climate Emergency: Faith-based Organizations Raising Ambition – Leaving No One Behind” to host a virtual webinar on “Good Trouble for a Healthy Planet”. It will address the impact of human activity on the planet, the urgent need for action to obtain sustainable and resilient communities globally, and develop strategies for moving forward to address climate change. Presentations will be supported by web based materials and social media tools to be used throughout the day by participating organizations.
The webinar will feature opening and closing plenaries with five concurrent workshops in between the two plenaries. The workshops will run from 10:30 EDT to 11:30 EDT.
1. Envisioning a Sustainable and Just Economy for a Resilient World
2. Taking Responsibility for the Climate
3. Buen Vivir: pathways to a healthier planet
4. How to Activate More People of Faith to Action
5. Solutions that Work: Adaptation and Mitigation
6. Climate Migration (including displaced persons)
7. Climate Grief
8. Restoration and Nature Based Solutions
Descriptions of the workshops can be accessed here:
Sep 24, 2020 10:00 AM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)